Write to us|Advertisements|Useful Links|FAQs

News Detail

Event Title :
Senate Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunications
Published Date :
Oct 10,2017

Senate Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunications in its meeting on Tuesday was told that 80% of the budget of National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) goes to administrative work and Human Resource matters leaving only 20% for other expenses and projects.

The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Senator Shahi Syed and was attended among others by Senator Taj Muhammad Afridi, Senator Ghous Muhammad Khan Niazi, Senator Najma Hameed, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik and Secretary Information Technology and Telecommunications.

The members of the Committee asked the ministry and NTC to come up with a review on the service regulations which deal with the number of total employees, criteria of appointments and promotions and regularization policy of contractual employees. The meeting was told that the organization has a sanctioned strength of 3055 employees and currently NTC has 2350 employees. The organistaion employees haven't been able to get a pay raise for many years due to the percentage reaching upto 80%. The Committee expressed that posts are created and people are hired to serve the organisation and if the purpose is not being achieved in terms of revenue and more efficient projects, then it should be revisited.

The Committee was told that a new Board of NTC will come into place soon and matters will take a smooth course. The members urged the ministry and NTC to look for more public private partnerships and development plans.

Glossary | Site Map | Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2010-2017. All Rights are Reserved. Senate of Pakistan.