|Name:||Farooq Hamid Naek|
|Tenure:||March 2021 to March 2027|
|Party:||Pakistan People s Party Parliamentarian (PPPP)|
|Seat Description:||Technocrats Including Ulema|
|Local Address:||E-309, Parliament Lodges, Islamabad.|
|Permanent Address:||Naek & Associates, Suit No.5, Block-A, 3rd Floor, Shafiq Plaza, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi.|
Committee on Delegated Legislation (Chairperson Committee)
Finance Revenue and Economic Affairs
Law and Justice
Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit-Baltistan
|Qualification:||M.A (Economics), L.L.B from University of Karachi|
Positions Held :
* Assistant Director, Directorate of Labour and Social Welfare, Government of Sindh.
* Civil Judge and First Class Magistrate w.e.f. June 1971 till May 1976.
* Deputy Attorney General for Pakistan from 1994-1996.
* Elected as Member of Senate of Pakistan for 6 years 2003-2009.
* Appointed as Federal Minister for Law, Justice, Parliamentary Affairs, and Human Rights on 31.3.2008.
* Re-elected as member of Senate for 6 years (2009-2015).
* Elected as Chairman Senate (Unopposed) on 12th March, 2009.
* Date of Enrolment as an Advocate (31.01.1970).
* Date of Enrolment as an Advocate of High Court (10-09-1976).
* Date of Enrolment as an Advocate of Supreme Court (01.09.1976).
* Elected General Secretary Karachi Bar Association in 1983
* Elected Member Sindh Bar Council 1984 - 1989.
* Elected President Karachi Bar Association 1989.
* Re-elected Member Sindh Bar Council 1990 - 1994.
* Twice elected Vice Chairman Sindh Bar Council in 1986 and 1993.
* Elected Member Pakistan Bar Council 1997 - 2000
* Re-elected Member Pakistan Bar Council 2000 -2005 and 2005 - 2010
* More than 100 reported cases in different Law Journals of Pakistan
* Successfully defended the former Prime Minster of Pakistan and Chairperson Pakistan Peoples Party Shaheed Benazir Bhutto and her husband Mr. Asif Ali Zardari Co-Chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party and President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in numerous fake and fabricated cases filed by the previous governments in Courts in Pakistan, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Spain
* Arrested in 1983, leading demonstration against dictatorial rule of General Zia Ul Haq. Remained in Central Prison, Karachi, for about six months alongwith 10 other lawyers. Declared Prisoner of Conscience by Amnesty International
*Headed Committees as Minster for Law and Justice which drafted following laws:
* National Accountability Commission Bill;
* Nizam-e-Adl Regulation;
* Gilgit-Baltistan (Empowerment and Self-Government) Order, 2009;
* FATA Reforms;
* Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Bill (Now it is enacted by the Parliament as the Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010 (Act No. IV of 2010);
* Arbitration Bill; and
* Recommendations for Review and Reformation of Frontier Crimes Regulations (FCR).
Legislation Finalized as Minister for Law and Justice :
In addition to participation of many legislative proposals which were then in the pipeline for their finalization, the following Ordinances were finalized and got promulgated:
* Prevention of Electronic Crimes Ordinance, 2008 (which is now pending in the National Assembly as a Bill);
* National Vocational and Technical Education Commission Ordinance, 2008;
* Provincial Motor vehicles(Amendment) Ordinance, 2008;
* National Vocational and Technical Education Commission Ordinance, 2008;
* Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils ( Amendment) Ordinance, 2008;
* Prevention of Electronic Crimes Ordinance, 2008
* Companies (Amendment) Ordinance 2009;
* Sacked Employees (Reinstatement) Ordinance 2009;
* Federal Excise (Amendment) Ordinance, 2009;
* Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Ordinance, 2009;
* Public Defender and Legal Aid Office Ordinance, 2009;
* National Vocational and Technical Education Commission Ordinance, 2009;
* Code of Criminal Procedure(Amendment)Ordinance 2009; and
* Prevention of electronic Crimes Ordinance, 2009.
Miscellaneous Legislative Proposals which were processed but not finalized as Minister for Law and Justice :
* The Board of Investment (amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Employment and Service Conditions Bill, 2008;
* The Press, Newspapers, New Agencies and Books Registration(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Labour Laws(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Khushali Bank(Repeal) Bill, 2008;
* The Pakistan Health Research Council Bill, 2008;
* The Code of Criminal Procedure(Amendment) Bill, 2008 (Latter promulgated as an Ordinance);
* The Companies (Appointment of Legal Advisors(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils (Amendment) Bill, 2008 (Promulgated as an Ordinance);
* The Status of Women(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Guardian and Wards(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Family Courts (Amendment) Bill 2008;
* The Stock Exchange(Corporation, Demutualization and Integration) Bill, 2008;
* The Rulers of Acceding States(Abolition of Privy Purses and Privileges) (Amendment) Bill, 2008 (Passed by the National Assembly);
* The Registration (Amendment)Bill, 2008;
* The Women Harassment Bill, 2008 (Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010 (Act No. IV of 2010);
* The F.I.A (Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Disable Persons(Employment and Rehabilitation) (Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The National Commission for Human Rights Bill, 2008
* The Anti-dumping(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Civil Servants(Amendment) Bill, 2008 (Promulgated as an Ordinance);
* The Yousaf Raza Gillani University of Engineering and Technology Bill, 2008;
* The Insurance(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Modaraba Companies and Modaraba(Flotation and Control) (Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Criminal Law(Amendment) Bill, 2008, relating to illegal trade of Prize Bonds;
* The Federal Board of Revenue(Amendment) Bill, 2008
* The Service Tribunal(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Security Exchange Commission(Amendment) Bill, 2008;
* The Arbitration Bill, 2009;
* The Charted Accountant (Amendment) Bill, 2009; and
* The Benazir Income Support Programme Bill, 2008 (Promulgated as an Ordinance).
Works and Projects Supervised as Minister for Human Rights :
* Provided guidelines for developing and evolving a comprehensive Strategy for Checking Human Rights Violation in the country and system of their monitoring and grievance redressal and ensuring remedial measures and legal aid.
* Provided necessary guidance and vision for finalization of National Commission for Human Rights Bill providing a statutory body to check human rights violation and responding to situations involving human rights violations.
* Visited Kot Lakhpat Jail, Lahore, and inspected its condition and provided necessary guidelines for ensuring observance of human rights of inmates and prisoners.
* Visited Juvenile Jail, Lahore, and reviewed situation of human rights of its inmates.
* Dealt matters relating to Human Rights Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in the country and provided necessary directions to improve their role in cases of human rights violations.
Supervision of Access to Justice Programme as Minister for Law and Justice :
Supervised and Monitored different Projects under the Access to Justice Programme (AJP) which was launched with the financial assistance of Asian Development Bank (ADB), to improve the infrastructure of justice sector and to implement legislative, judicial and administrative reforms in the entire judicial sector including Judiciary, Prisons, Police, Public Safety and Ombudsman. The object of the AJP is to improve common man's access to justice through long term and short term initiatives to ensure speedy and effective delivery of justice for the benefit of the people of Pakistan specially the poor and vulnerable classes.