Political Career :
* Appointed as Chairman, Board of Investment on 9th October, 2008.
* Elected as Senator, Senate of Pakistan on 8th November, 2012 against a General Seat from Sindh province on the ticket of PPPP.
* Appointed as Minister of State for Finance Division, Government of Pakistan on 13th November, 2012.
* Appointed as Federal Minister for Finance, Government of Pakistan on 19th February, 2013.
* Appointed as Member of National Finance Commission (NFC) on 24th April 2015 to represent Govt. of Sindh.
* Elected as Chairman, Senate Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization on 11th May 2015.
* Elected as Deputy Chairman Senate on 12th March 2018.
Graduate in Aeronautics from Fort Worth School of Aviation-Ft. Worth Texas USA, 1981