ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.30 p.m. on Monday, the 16th December, 2013.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. MR. ILYAS AHMAD BILOUR to move that the Bill further to amend the Civil Servants Act, 1973 [The Civil Servants (Amendment) Bill, 2013], as reported by the Standing Committee, be taken into consideration at once.
3. MR. ILYAS AHMAD BILOUR to move that the Bill further to amend the Civil Servants Act, 1973 [The Civil Servants (Amendment) Bill, 2013] be passed.
4. SYEDA SUGHRA IMAM AND MR. MUHAMMAD MOHSIN KHAN LEGHARI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the quota in Government services reserved for the province of Punjab be allocated on regional basis (North Punjab and South Punjab) in order to guarantee due share of the people of South Punjab in those services.”.
5. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government may take immediate steps for construction of new water reservoirs in order to meet the shortage of water in the country.”.
6. MR. FARHATULLAH BABAR to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends to the government to publish the names of those judges of the superior judiciary who have dual nationality.”.
7. MIAN RAZA RABBANI to move the following resolution:-
“The Senate of
Expresses grave concern and anxiety over the increasing
incidents of rape, particularly of minor girls in
Condemns in the strongest possible terms
these heinous acts, particularly the recent incident of rape of a minor girl in
Calls upon civil society, intellectuals, Ulema and media to launch a social campaign against the perpetrators of this crime; and
Urges the Federal and Provincial Governments to amend the law to provide severe punishment to those found guilty.”.
8. MR. MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that effective steps be taken to overcome unemployment in the country.”.
9. Further discussion on the following motion moved by Mian Raza Rabbani on 11th December, 2013:-
“This House may
discuss the foreign policy of the Government with particular reference to the
visit of the Prime Minister of Pakistan to the
MOHAMMAD ADEEL to move that this House may discuss the situation arising
out of non-shifting of headquarters of the State Bank of
11. MR. NISAR MUHAMMAD to move that the House may discuss the responsibility of the Federation in pursuance of Article 148 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
12. MR. KARIM AHMED KHAWAJA to move that the House may discuss the increasing incidents of Cyber Crimes in the country and the steps being taken by the Government to control the same.
13. MR. SAEED GHANI to move that the House may discuss the alleged irregularities/rigging in Elections 2013.
14. MRS. SAEEDA IQBAL to move that this House may discuss the need for establishment of a full-fledged Ministry of Capital Administration and Development to deal with the subjects of health and education in the Islamabad Capital Territory as these subjects are not being attended to properly in the present set up where the CAD has been placed under the Cabinet Secretariat.
13th December, 2013.