ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, the 17th February, 2014.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Consideration of the following resolution moved by Syeda Sughra Imam on 13th January, 2014:-
“The House calls upon the Government to include all
water disputes of
3. Further consideration of the following resolution moved by Mr. Karim Ahmed Khawaja on 3rd February, 2014:-
“This House recommends that Charter of Democracy between Mohterma Benazir Shaheed and Mian Muhammad Nawaz Shareef be implemented especially Constitutional Court with equal number of Judges from all provinces may be established to decide the constitutional matters.”.
4. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
House is of the opinion that the Government should take effective measures to
make price control authorities operational in
5. MR. MUHAMMAD MOHSIN KHAN LEGHARI to move the following resolution:-
“The Senate of Pakistan urges upon the Federal Government to recommend to the Provincial Government of Punjab to revive the Old Zoning criteria in the allocation of Provincial jobs.”.
6. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government may take effective steps for provision of free education in the Federal Government educational institutions.".
7. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government may take effective steps for finding alternative energy sources to meet energy crisis in the country.”.
8. Further discussion on the following motion moved by Mian Raza Rabbani on 11th February, 2014:-
“The House may discuss the privatization policy of the Government.”.
9. MR. ABDUL HASEEB KHAN to move that this House may discuss the overall condition of Health sector after devolution of the subject of Health to provinces in pursuance of 18th Amendment in the Constitution.
10. MR. KARIM AHMED KHAWAJA to move that the House may discuss the increasing incidents of Cyber Crimes in the country and the steps being taken by the Government to control the same.
11. MR. FARHATULLAH BABAR to move that this House may discuss the recent decision of the Government to reconstitute the National Security Council.
12. MR. MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move that the House may discuss the issue of power shortage in the country and its subsequent effects on the economy.
13. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move that the House may discuss the situation arising out of non-vacation of government quarters by the Estate Office Islamabad from the unauthorized occupants.
14th February, 2014.