ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.00 p.m. on Wednesday, the 23rd April, 2014.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
3. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR, Convener of Special Committee, to move that under sub-rule (1) of rule 194 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, the delay in presentation of report of the Special Committee on the issue of surveillance/raid at the residence of Senator Dr. Muhammad Jahangir Bader, the then Leader of the House, by some Law Enforcement Agencies, be condoned till today.
REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
4. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR, Convener of Special Committee, to present report of the Special Committee on the issue of surveillance/raid at the residence of Senator Dr. Muhammad Jehangir Bader, the then Leader of the House, by some Law Enforcement Agencies.
PAPERS TO BE LAID BEFORE THE SENATE
5. MR. AHSAN IQBAL, Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms to lay before the Senate the Report of Pakistan Vision 2025 and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
(Under Rule 218)
6. MR. AHSAN IQBAL, Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms to move that this House may discuss the Pakistan Vision 2025 and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
7. Discussion on the following motion moved by Mian Raza Rabbani on 17th April, 2014:-
“The House may discuss the Foreign Policy of the Government with
particular reference to the situation likely to emerge after elections in
8. SENATORS NAWABZADA SAIFULLAH MAGSI, NAWABZADA MUHAMMAD AKBAR MAGSI, MR. ROZI KHAN KAKAR AND MIR MUHAMMAD YOUSUF BADINI to move for discussion on the following matter of sufficient public importance arising out of the answer to starred question No.9, replied on 15th April, 2014:-
“regarding the cost and completion dates of certain highway projects in Balochistan.”.
R E S O L U T I O N
[Under rule 145 (2)]
9. SENATORS FARHATULLAH BABAR AND MIAN RAZA RABBANI to move the following resolution :-
“This House disapproves the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014 (Ordinance No.III of 2014).”.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
10. SENATOR ILYAS AHMED BILOUR, to draw attention of the Minister for Inter-Provincial Coordination to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding stoppage of vehicles carrying wheat by the Provincial Government of the Punjab from entering into Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
22nd April, 2014.