ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 10.30 a.m. on Friday, the 24th October, 2014.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
ORDINANCES TO BE LAID
3. SHAIKH AFTAB AHMED, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, to lay before the Senate the following Ordinances as required by clause (2) of Article 89 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:-
(i) The Electoral Rolls (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014, (Ordinance No. VII of 2014).
(ii) The Delimitation of Constituencies (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014, (Ordinance No. VIII of 2014).
REPORTS OF THE STANDING COMMITTEES - PRESENTATION OF:
4. SENATOR MRS. NASREEN JALIL, Chairperson, Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization, to present a report of the Committee for the period from 3rd to 16th June, 2014.
5. SENATOR HAJI GHULAM ALI, Chairman, Standing Committee on Commerce and Textile Industry, to present report of the Committee for the period from 3rd May, 2013 to 8th May, 2014.
MOTION OF THANKS
“This House expresses its deep gratitude to the President of Pakistan for his address to both the Houses assembled together on 2nd June, 2014.”.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
7. SENATOR SYED MUZAFAR HUSSAIN SHAH to draw attention of the Minister for Railways to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding discontinuation of Mehran Express and Shah Lateef Express from Karachi to Mirpurkhas.
23rd October, 2014.