ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, the 20th April, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. RAJA MUHAMMAD ZAFAR-UL-HAQ, Leader of the House, to move that Standing Committees of the Senate for the Ministries of the Government and following Functional and other Committees comprising the Members as proposed in the list be elected:-
(i) Committee on Government Assurances;
(ii) Committee on Problems of Less Developed Areas;
(iii) Committee on Human Rights;
(iv) Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges;
(v) House Committee; and
(vi) Finance Committee of the Senate.
The Honourable Chairman be authorized to make such changes in the composition of these Committees as and when he may deem fit.
The House may also endorse reconstitution of Senate Special Committee on Devolution Process and revised nominations for Parliamentary Committee on Electoral Reforms as nominated by the Chairman in consultation with the Leader of the House and Leader of the Opposition.
3. Further consideration of the following resolution moved by Ms. Sitara Ayaz on 13th April, 2015:-
“This House recommends that the Government should take effective steps for implementation of National Action Plan to counter terrorism in the country.”.
4. MR. KARIM AHMED KHAWAJA to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government should take effective steps to ensure Universal Salt Iodization in order to prevent devastating impacts of Iodine deficiency in the country.”.
5. SARDAR MUHAMMAD AZAM KHAN MUSAKHEL to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Federal Government may urge the Provincial Government of Balochistan to take effective steps for development of livestock sector in that province.”.
6. MR. SIRAJUL HAQ to move the following resolution:-
“This House calls upon the Government of Pakistan to condemn the execution of Mr. Muhammad Qamar-uz-Zaman, Assistant General Secretary, Jammat-e-Islami Bangladesh, by the Government of Bangladesh for his support to Pakistan in 1971.
Government of Pakistan may demand the Government of Bangladesh not to revive
the matters of 1971 and to quash / withdraw all the cases against the leaders
House expresses its condolences with the family of the deceased and
7. Discussion on the following motion moved by Mrs. Sehar Kamran on 9th March, 2015:-
“This House may discuss the overall performance of Federal Government Hospitals with particular reference to availability of facilities of various tests and provision of free medicines to the out door patients.”.
8. Discussion on the following motion moved by Mr. Saeed Ghani on 13th April, 2015:-
“The House may discuss the issue of import of LNG in the country and the agreements made or proposed to be made in this regard.”.
9. Discussion on the following motion moved by Mr. Osman Saifullah Khan on 13th April, 2015:-
“This House may discuss the overall performance of the banking sector in the country with particular reference to the lack of lending to private sector and small and medium sized enterprises.”.
10. Discussion on the following motion moved by Col. (R) Syed Tahir Hussain Mashhadi on 13th April, 2015:-
“The House may discuss the issue of corruption in Federal Government Departments.”.
11. Discussion on the following motion moved by Mr. Saeed Ghani on 13th April, 2015:-
“The House may discuss the new aviation policy of the Government with particular reference to the proposal of outsourcing the major airports in the country.”.
12. MR. SAEEDUL HASSAN MANDOKHAIL to move that the House may discuss the present status of Pak-China Economic Corridor with particular reference to the changes in its original route.
13. MR. MUHAMMAD SALEH SHAH to move that the House may discuss the situation arising out of militancy in FATA.
14. MR. MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move that the House may discuss the overall condition of the economy of the country.
17th April, 2015.