ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 10.00 a.m. on Thursday, the 14th May, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSIBILITY OF
3. Admissibility of the following Adjournment Motions will be determined:-
(i) Adj. Motion No.07(115)/2015-M, notice given of by Dr. Jehanzeb Jamaldini, Mr. Baz Muhammad Khan, Mr. Ilyas Ahmad Bilour and Mr. Muhammad Daud Khan Achakzai, Advocate, to discuss the non absorption of two doctors working in PIMS namely Dr. Niaz Baloch and Dr. Farooq Shah against the quota of their respective provinces, in PIMS Islamabad.
Motion No.08(115)/2015-M, notice given of by Mr. Sirajul Haq to discuss the incident of terrorist attack on
a bus at
(iii) Adj. Motion No.09(115)/2015-M, notice given of by Mr. Atta Ur Rehman to discuss the insulting statement made by Mr. Pervaiz Rashid, Minister for Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage, regarding the Ulema and students of Madaris.
REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON PRIVILEGES - PRESENTATION OF:
4. SENATOR COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI, Convener of the Special Committee on Privileges, to present report of the Committee on the issue of letters written by the Section Officer (Council), Cabinet Division, Islamabad, for cancellation/postponement of Senate Business.
5. Further discussion regarding disparity arising out of opinion given by the Ministry of Law, Justice and Human Rights about the entitlement of medical facility for dependant family members of former and sitting Members of the Senate.
6. Discussion on the following matters being raised through public petitions:-
(i) Enhancement of upper age limit for CSS Examination especially for the candidates belonging to Balochistan, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other under developed areas.
(ii) Oversight or review by the Senate of various Policy and Administrative Boards/Councils envisaged under various Acts of Parliament especially the one established under paragraph (j) of sub-section 1 of section 9 of the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan Act, 2012.
(iii) Operationalization of National Technology Council established through Notification No.21-01QAA HEC/2012, dated 05-11-2012 of Higher Education Commission.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICES
7. MR. SALEEM MANDVIWALA to draw attention of the Minister for Interior and Narcotics Control to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding decision of the Government to close the Commercial Centers/Shops at 20.00 hours in Islamabad.
8. SYED MUZAFAR HUSSAIN SHAH to draw attention of the Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding inordinate delay in the completion of Makhi Farsh Link Canal resulting into acute shortage of water for thousands of acres of Agricultural land in lower Sindh.
13th May, 2015.