ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, the 13th August, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSIBILITY OF
3. Admissibility of the following Adjournment Motion will be determined:-
Adj. Motion No. 13(118)/2015-M, notice given of by Senators Nehal Hashmi and Ayesha Raza Farooq, regarding the protest made by disabled persons including women in Karachi who were allegedly subjected to baton charged by Sindh Police.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
4. SENATOR HAFIZ HAMDULLAH to draw attention of the Minister for Water and Power to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding collection of TV fee through electricity bills even from mosques.
REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
5. SENATOR SALEEM MANDVIWALA, Chairman, Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization, to present report of the Committee on the Money Bill, further to amend the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 [The Income Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2015].
6. SENATOR SALEEM MANDVIWALA, Chairman, Standing Committee on Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization, to move that recommendation on the Money Bill, further to amend the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 [The Income Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2015], as reported by the Committee, be adopted.
7. SENATOR MUHAMMAD DAUD KHAN ACHAKZAI, ADVOCATE, Chairman, Standing Committee on Communications, to move that under sub-rule (1) of rule 194 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, the time for presentation of report of the Committee on starred question No.29 asked by Senator Agha Shahbaz Khan Durrani in the Senate sitting held on 8th July, 2015, regarding award of contract to a black listed Company for the construction of a section of road (from Kohri to Karkh on M-8) and referred by the House to the Committee for consideration and report within sixty (60) days, be extended till 6th November, 2015, as more time is needed to the Committee for a detailed report to be presented before the House.
8. SENATOR MIR ISRARULLAH KHAN ZEHRI, Chairman, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Resources, to move under sub-rule (1) of rule 194 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, that period for submission of report of the Committee on the Motion referred by the House on 20th April, 2015, regarding issue of import of LNG in the country may be extended till 25th September, 2015, in order to enable the Committee to give a comprehensive report.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
9. SENATOR SEHAR KAMRAN to draw attention
of the Minister-in-Charge of the Cabinet Division to a matter of sufficient
public importance regarding the damages caused to the tracks and stations of
Metro Bus in
DISCUSSION ON REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON WATER AND POWER AND ON ADMITTED ADJOURNMENT MOTION
12th August, 2015.