ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 10.30 a.m. on Wednesday, the 7th October, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSIBILITY OF
3. Admissibility of the following Adjournment Motions will be determined:-
Adj. Motion No. 04(120)/2015-M, notice given of by Senators Taj Haider, Farhatullah Babar, Mir Kabeer Ahmed Muhammad Shahi and Baz Muhammad Khan, regarding conclusion of Senate Special Committee on Pakistan China Economic Corridor (CPEC) that consensus developed in All Parties Conference on 28th May, 2015, on the route of the Pakistan China Economic Corridor (CPEC) is being blatantly violated by the concerned Government Departments;
Adj. Motion No. 06(120)/2015-M, notice given of by Senators Muhammad Usman Khan Kakar and Sardar Muhammad Azam Khan Musakhel, regarding conclusion of Senate Special Committee on Pakistan China Economic Corridor (CPEC) that consensus developed in All Parties Conference on 28th May, 2015, on the Western route of the Pakistan China Economic Corridor (CPEC), is now being openly violated by the Federal Government; and
Adj. Motion No. 07(120)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Muhammad Javed
Abbasi, regarding human trafficking from
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
SEHAR KAMRAN, to draw attention of
the Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, to a matter of sufficient
public importance regarding
establishment of a special cell in Pentagon for Defence ties with
REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
5. SENATOR SYED MUZAFAR HUSSAIN SHAH, Chairman, Standing Committee on National Food Security and Research, to present report of the Committee on an adjournment motion moved by Senator Mushahid Hussain Syed on 8th July, 2015 and referred to the Committee on 4th August, 2015, regarding proposed conversion of 1400 acre land of National Agricultural Research Centre by the CDA into residential/commercial plots.
REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
SYED MUZAFAR HUSSAIN SHAH, Convener, Special Committee on the issue of lapse of
various foreign scholarships offered by different countries for the students of
7. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR to move for discussion on the following matter of sufficient public importance arising out of the answer to starred question No.86, replied on 18th September, 2015:-
“regarding the criteria, qualification and procedure laid down for appointment of Chairman and Members of Royat-e-Hilal Committee indicating also the name of their appointing authority and tenure for which they are appointed.”.
[Under Rule 196(1)]
8. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR, to move that under sub-rule (1) of rule 196 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, the report of the Special Committee on the project of Pakistan China Economic Corridor (CPEC), presented in the House on 18th September, 2015, be considered and adopted.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
9. SENATOR MUHAMMAD TALHA
MEHMOOD, to draw
attention of the Minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony, to a matter
of sufficient public importance regarding departure
of VIPs to
DISCUSSION ON THE ADMITTED ADJOURNMENT MOTIONS AND CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE CLUBBED WITH THE ADJOURNMENT MOTIONS
10. Discussion on the admitted adjournment motions moved by Senator Ilyas Ahmad Bilour on his behalf and on behalf of Senators Saeed Ghani, Mohsin Aziz, Sassui Palijo and Sheher Bano Sherry Rehman, on 17th September, 2015, regarding non-production of even a single mega watt of electricity at Nandipur Power Project despite spending of billions of Rupees from public exchequer.
6th October, 2015.