ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, the 2nd November, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. SENATOR TAJ HAIDER to move for leave to introduce a Bill further to amend the National Accountability Ordinance, 1999 [The National Accountability (Amendment) Bill, 2015].
3. SENATOR TAJ HAIDER to introduce the Bill further to amend the National Accountability Ordinance, 1999 [The National Accountability (Amendment) Bill, 2015].
4. Report by the Minister Incharge of the Climate Change, regarding the relief work and other subsequent steps taken by the Government in the wake of earthquake of 26th October, 2015.
5. SENATOR MIR ISRARULLAH KHAN ZEHRI, Chairman, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Resources, to move that under sub-rule (1) of rule 194 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, the time for presentation of reports of the Committee on the following issues be extended for a further period of thirty working days with effect from 2nd November, 2015, for the reasons to be explained in the House:-
(i) Motion (Under Rule 218) moved by Senator Saeed Ghani to discuss the issue of import of LNG in the country and the agreements made or proposed to be made in this regard; and
(ii) Demand Nos. 7, 8, 10 and 11 of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government.
6. Further consideration of the following resolution moved by Senator Kalsoom Parveen on 12th October, 2015:-
"The House calls upon the government to
announce concession in Customs duties and taxes for the importers of the
7. SENATOR SASSUI PALIJO to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the
Government should include the
8. SENATOR SARDAR MUHAMMAD AZAM KHAN MUSAKHEL to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that all vacant posts in PIMS may be filled in immediately in order to improve the performance and solve the administrative issues of that Hospital. This House also recommends that appointments against the said vacancies may be made in accordance with the provincial / regional quota and the discrimination done in this regard in the past may be removed.".
9. SENATOR KALSOOM PARVEEN to move the following resolution:-
"The House recommends that the Government should take effective steps to ensure the completion of all remaining projects envisaged / promised under the Aaghaz-e-Huqooq-e-Balochistan Package.".
10. SENATOR COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government should grant 50 salaries instead of 36 basic salaries under the head of House Building Advance to the Federal Government employees.".
11. SENATOR KARIM AHMED KHAWAJA to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government should take immediate steps to establish Natural Science Museums in the country.".
12. Discussion on the following motion moved by Senator Muhammad Javed Abbasi on 12th October, 2015:-
“This House may discuss the high rate of increase of population in the country and its overall impact on life condition.”.
13. SENATOR KAMIL ALI AGHA to move that the House may discuss the production of electricity and procedure for area-wise fixation of schedule for load shedding in the country.
14. SENATOR MOHSIN AZIZ to move that this House may discuss the situation arising out of fixation of high electricity tariffs on account of under declared efficiency of plants run on furnace oil, operated by the IPPs and government sector and the need of a fresh efficiency audit of those plants.
ABDUL REHMAN MALIK to move that this House may
discuss the confession of Indian Prime Minister Narendra
16. SENATOR MUHAMMAD USMAN KHAN KAKAR to move that this House may discuss the causes, remedies and preventive measures to control poverty in the country.
CHAUDHARY TANVIR KHAN to move that this House may
discuss the need for construction of a ring road in
30th October, 2015.