ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 03.00 p.m. on Monday, the 21st December, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. SENATOR SASSUI PALIJO to move for leave to introduce a Bill further to amend the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority Ordinance, 2002 [The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2015].
3. SENATOR SASSUI PALIJO to introduce the Bill further to amend the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority Ordinance, 2002 [The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2015].
REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
4. SENATOR IQBAL ZAFAR JHAGRA, Convener of the Special Committee on the Implementation of the Gas Infrastructure Development Cess Bill, 2015, to present report of the Committee.
REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
5. SENATOR MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD, Chairman, Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat, to present report of the Committee on the matter raised by Senator Mushahid Hussain Syed, during zero hour on 14th December, 2015, regarding use of some discriminatory remarks by the Capital Development Authority regarding Christian minority of the country while submitting their reply in a case in the Supreme Court of Pakistan, which was referred to the Committee for consideration and report to the House on Monday, the 21st December, 2015.
6. SENATOR SASSUI PALIJO to move that this House may discuss the domain and jurisdiction of the Council of Common Interests (CCI) and the situation arising out of non-convening of the meeting of the Council as required under clause (3) of Article 154 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
7. SENATOR CHAUDHARY TANVIR KHAN to move that the House may discuss the hardships being faced by overseas Pakistanis due to the acts of terrorism in the western countries and the remedies / ways to lessen the same.
8. SENATOR MOHSIN AZIZ to move that the House may discuss the situation arising out of continuous decrease in exports of the country as a consequence of closing down of industrial units which is resulting in increase of unemployment.
9. SENATOR SEHAR KAMRAN to move that the House may discuss the foreign policy of the Government with particular reference to its success and failure.
10. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR to move that this House may discuss the functioning of the National Commission on Human Rights (NCHR).
11. SENATOR NAJMA HAMEED to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government may take effective steps to revive the sick Industrial units in the country.".
12. SENATOR MOHAMMAD AZAM KHAN SWATI to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government should establish a regular full-fledged Secretariat of the Council of Common Interests and ensure representation of all Provinces in its staff.".
13. SENATOR MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move the following resolution:-
"The Senate of Pakistan recommends that the system of private Hajj tour operators may be revisited and a fair and strict accountability system should be evolved to deal with complaints against them.".
14. SENATOR COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government should take immediate steps to purchase new aeroplanes for P.I.A.".
15. SENATOR NAJMA HAMEED to move the following resolution:-
"This House recommends that the Government may grant an amount of Rs. 2000/- per month as disabled allowance to the serving and retired disabled Government employees.".
MOTION OF THANKS
16. Winding up speech by Shaikh Aftab Ahmed, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, on the following motion moved on 15th December, 2015:-
“This House expresses its deep gratitude to the President of Pakistan for his address to both the Houses assembled together on 4th June, 2015.”.
18th December, 2015.