ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, the 3rd March, 2014.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
2. SENATOR MRS. KALSOOM PARVEEN, Chairperson, Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat and Capital Administration and Development, to present Report of the Committee on the Bill further to amend the Civil Servants Act, 1973, [The Civil Servants (Amendment) Bill, 2013].
3. Consideration of the following resolution moved by Syeda Sughra Imam on 13th January, 2014:-
“The House calls upon the Government to include all water disputes of
4. Further consideration of the following resolution moved by Mr. Karim Ahmed Khawaja on 3rd February, 2014:-
“This House recommends that Charter of Democracy between Mohterma Benazir Shaheed and Mian Muhammad Nawaz Shareef be implemented especially Constitutional Court with equal number of Judges from all provinces may be established to decide the constitutional matters.”.
5. MRS. SEHAR KAMRAN to move the following resolution:-
"The House recommends that the Government should make necessary arrangements for vocational training of the prisoners in Pakistani jails and educational facilities for children in those jails.".
6. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government may fix consultation fee of private doctors in ICT.”.
7. MR. MUHAMMAD MOHSIN KHAN LEGHARI to move the following resolution:-
"The Senate of Pakistan urges upon the Federal Government to recommend to the Provincial Government of Punjab to revive the Old Zoning criteria in the allocation of Provincial jobs.".
8. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that basic salaries of Federal Government Employees may be increased in proportion to price hike in the country.”.
9. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government should take immediate steps to broaden tax base in the country.”.
10. Further discussion on the following motion moved by Mian Raza Rabbani on 11th February, 2014:-
“The House may discuss the privatization policy of the Government.”.
11. MR. FARHATULLAH BABAR to move that this House may discuss the recent decision of the Government to reconstitute the National Security Council.
12. MR. ABDUL HASEEB KHAN to move that this House may discuss the overall condition of Health sector after devolution of the subject of Health to provinces in pursuance of 18th Amendment in the Constitution.
13. MR. MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move that the House may discuss the overall performance of Pakistan Steel Mills with particular reference to losses being suffered by it.
14. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move that the House may discuss the situation arising out of non-vacation of government quarters by the Estate Office Islamabad from the unauthorized occupants.
15. MR. MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move that the House may discuss the overall performance of Pakistan International Airlines.
28th February, 2014.