ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 4.00 p.m. on Monday, the 18th August, 2014.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. SYED MUZAFAR HUSSAIN SHAH to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends to the Government that a law may be enacted on breeding rights and the Seeds Act, 1976 may be updated / amended in order to ensure evolution of quality oriented seeds for major crops in the country.”.
3. MR. KARIM AHMED KHAWAJA to move the following resolution:-
“The House recommends that effective steps may be taken to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).”.
4. MR. FARHATULLAH BABAR to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that Gilgit-Baltistan (Empowerment and Self-Governance) Order, 2009 may be amended suitably to further empower the people of Gilgit-Baltistan.”.
5. SYEDA SUGHRA IMAM to move the following resolution:-
“The House calls upon the Government not to confer MFN or NDMA status to India till such time that all the relevant Pakistani sectors and stakeholders are given a level playing field by the Indian Government (as per the Cabinet decision dated 29th February, 2012) which can only be achieved through the removal/reduction of tariff barriers, non-tariff barriers, subsidies, duties, and other measures that will ensure both market access and protection from unfair competition to Pakistani agricultural and non-agricultural goods, exports and services.”.
6. COL. (R) SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move the following resolution:-
“This House recommends that the Government should take immediate steps to broaden tax base in the country.”.
7. Further discussion on the following motion moved by Mr. Abdul Haseeb Khan on 10th March, 2014:-
“This House may discuss the overall condition of Health sector after devolution of the subject of Health to provinces in pursuance of 18th Amendment in the Constitution.”.
8. NAWABZADA SAIFULLAH MAGSI to move that the House may discuss the recommendations made by the Civil Services Reforms Committee constituted by the Prime Minister particularly those pertaining to promotions in the civil bureaucracy on the pattern of Pak Army.
9. HAFIZ HAMDULLAH to move that the House may discuss the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project.
10. MR. FARHATULLAH BABAR to move that this House may discuss the overall performance of the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD to move that the House may discuss
the overall performance of CDA with particular reference to removal of
encroachments in commercial and residential areas in
12. COL. (R)
SYED TAHIR HUSSAIN MASHHADI to move that the House may
discuss the situation arising out of allotment of plots to CDA employees on
green belts in
12th August, 2014.