ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 3.30 p.m. on Wednesday, the 12th August, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSIBILITY OF
3. Admissibility of the following Adjournment Motions will be determined:-
Adj. Motion No. 07(118)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Mohammad Azam Khan
Swati, regarding the statement of MQM Chief, Mr. Altaf
Hussain, asking the party workers to sit in outside the offices of White
House, UN and NATO to seek deployment of NATO troops in
Adj. Motion No. 08(118)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Sheher Bano Sherry Rehman, regarding establishment of a National Security Committee to take a holistic view of the multitude of security challenges to Pakistan and draft a strategic course of action; and
Adj. Motion No. 10(118)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Atta Ur Rehman, regarding suspension of Imam Masjid by the administration of Pakistan Sports Complex Islamabad causing religious extremism.
4. SENATOR RAJA MUHAMMAD ZAFAR-UL-HAQ, Leader of the House, to move that in view of the new rules provision regarding Committee on Devolution to be Functional Committee of the Senate, the Special Committee on Devolution process constituted as a result of motion in the House be dissolved. The composition and the Chairmanship of the Functional Committee on Devolution, being established first time after the new rule, shall remain same as that of the Special Committee on Devolution process. The House authorizes the Chairman Senate to make such changes in the composition of the Functional Committee on Devolution in consultation with the Leader of the House and Leader of the Opposition, as he may deem necessary.
REPORTS OF THE STANDING COMMITTEES - PRESENTATION OF:
5. SENATOR HILAL-UR-REHMAN, Chairman, Standing Committee on States and Frontier Regions, to present a report of the Committee on Public Petition No.124 of Dr. Nadeem Ullah from FATA regarding revival of FATA Tribunal.
6. SENATOR MUHAMMAD TALHA MEHMOOD, Chairman,
Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat, to present report of the Committee
on starred question No.41, asked by Senator Ahmed Hassan, on 10th
July, 2015, regarding renovation of
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
7. SENATOR LT. GEN. (RETD.) ABDUL QAYYUM to draw attention of the Minister-in-Charge Cabinet Division to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding extremely damaged and dilapidated state of western service road of G-11 and F-11 and ever increasing encroachments with impunity not only on this road but also on newly constructed main Kashmir Highway.
8. SENATOR FARHATULLAH BABAR to move for discussion on the following matter of sufficient public importance arising out of the answer to starred question No.57, replied on 7th July, 2015:-
“regarding restrictions on banned militant outfits to resurrect under a different name or as charity organization.”.
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
9. SENATOR MIR KABEER AHMED MUHAMMAD SHAHI to draw attention of the Minister for Water and Power to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding decrease in number of posts of grade 1 to 15 from 737 to 310 by the Secretary, Ministry of Water and Power, which were allocated by the previous Government under Aghaz-e-Haqooq Balochistan Package.
DISCUSSION ON THE ADMITTED ADJOURNMENT MOTIONS
11th August, 2015.