ORDERS OF THE DAY
for the meeting of the Senate to be held at 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday, the 4th November, 2015.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran.
2. Questions entered in a separate list to be asked and answers given.
CONSIDERATION OF ADMISSIBILITY OF
3. Admissibility of the following Adjournment Motion will be determined:-
Adj. Motion No. 05(121)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Saleem Mandviwala, regarding failure of foreign policy of Pakistan on account of non-election of Pakistan as Member in the United Nations Human Rights Council; and
C.A.N. No. 07(121)/2015-M, notice given of by Senator Sassui Palijo, regarding failure
CALLING ATTENTION NOTICE
4. SENATOR MOHSIN AZIZ, to draw attention of the Minister Incharge of Aviation Division, to a matter of sufficient public importance regarding stopping of improvement and expansion work at passengers terminal, Bacha Khan International Airport, Peshawar.
REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - PRESENTATION OF:
5. SENATOR IQBAL ZAFAR JHAGRA, Chairman, Standing Committee on Water and Power, to present report of the Committee on Demand Nos. 1, 2, 3, 5, 9 and 12 out of 24 demands made by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
REPORTS OF THE COMMITTEE ON RULES OF PROCEDURE AND
PRIVILEGES - PRESENTATION OF:
6. SENATOR DR. JEHANZEB JAMALDINI, Chairman, Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges, to present report of the Committee, on the breach of privilege of Senator Haji Saif-ullah Khan Bangash due to misbehavior with him and his family during the arrest of his son at Chamba House, Lahore, by the NAB officials.
7. SENATOR DR. JEHANZEB JAMALDINI, Chairman, Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges, to present report of the Committee, on the breach of privilege of the House due to non-provision of report by the Secretary Commerce to the Minister for responding the item in the House on 17th September, 2015, regarding delayed purchase of cotton from the growers.
8. SENATOR DR. JEHANZEB JAMALDINI, Chairman, Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges, to present report of the Committee, on the Privilege Motion moved by Senator Saeed Ghani, on 17th June, 2015, regarding commencement of the process of local bodies elections in Islamabad Capital Territory despite the fact that the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Bill, 2015, was not passed by the Senate at that time.
PAPERS TO BE LAID BEFORE THE SENATE
9. SHAIKH AFTAB AHMED, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, to lay before the Senate the Annual Report on the Observance and Implementation of the Principles of Policy in relation to the affairs of the Federation for the year 2012-2013 as required under clause (3) of Article 29 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
DISCUSSION ON THE ADMITTED ADJOURNMENT MOTION
10. Discussion on the admitted
adjournment motion moved by Senator Shahi Syed, on 3rd November,
2015, to discuss the statement of Edward Joseph Snowden, former CIA official,
that GCHQ, a secret agency of Britain, used to spy on the communication data of
3rd November, 2015.